Saturday, July 10, 2010

Latest Muppet Fanart July 2010






My latest Muppet fanart pieces from the TOUGHPIGS website www.toughpigs.com

1: A stylization of Taminella Grinderfall. Taminella;I.E "The Witchiest Witch in Witchdom" was part of the Muppets during the early-mid sixties and performed by the late Jerry Juhl, who became the Muppet's Head Writer. She was used for PAK-KNIT commercials and was the main villian in the unaired "Tales of the Tinkerdee" pilot.
Taminella's final Muppets appearance was in the special "The Frog Prince", and at this point though Juhl still voiced her, she was puppeteered by the late Richard Hunt. (geez, this post almost seems like an obituary) Tammy was retired after that, and I think it's a shame that they never tried to bring her back. Juhl may have passed away, but Puppeteer Terry Agnus did a witch character on his show BLIZZARD ISLAND that headmitted was inspired by Taminella. If the Muppets Studio ever considers reviving Taminella, they should hire this guy!

2: A faux cover for how an adaptation of the Muppet's FROG PRINCE might have looked.

3: A comic-strip of Dr. Teeth. the good Doctor has always been another favorite of mine and I'm amazed they never came up with this gag on THE MUPPET SHOW.

4:This piece I call "The Muppet Musical Scale". This is a new version of a piece I originally submitted to MUPPET MAGAZINE. Editor Jim Lewis liked it, but it couldn't be used. (I was CONSTANTLY sending submissions to Jim Lewis to the point I made the poor guy's life a living Hell. My apologies, Mr. Lewis.)

5: I'm going to burn in Hell for this one, or at least get hanged in effingy from the SESAME STREET signpost. Has anyone considered that he MIGHT just be watching cable TV?

No comments: