Saturday, June 14, 2014

Making A Gookie

Another old character concept. Back in the day, I was a big Marx Brothers
afficiando. (Though I preferred the original edgy paramount films to the way softened MGM ones) And yes, Harpo was my favorite. I actually fooled around with this concept based on Harpo I called "The Gookie", which was basically Harpo pared down to little more than his props. Gookie could produce any prop out himself, or contort his body as needed, (Though not to the degree of PLASTIC MAN, or like that) You never saw any more "body" than his head. Bizarre at least, but only short-term appeal at most. Word of advice, though: If you ever come across a copy of Harpo's Biography; HARPO SPEAKS! Read It! Harpo's real life was even weirder and more fun than the actual movies he starred in!


No comments: