Saturday, May 28, 2011

Salem News: STILL No Senior Center?


Published in THE SALEM (MA) NEWS 05/28/2011.
A number of city projects have been continually postponed or delayed. What else can you remember that took a long time? Like MANY YEARS?
This cartoon is a bit of a milestone as well. I used to letter my cartoons by hand. but started to do it by computer because it was a LOT easier to change mispellings and other such mistakes electronically. You know how much of a pain whiteout can BE?
The thing was, I was never quite satifified with the lettering choices I had in Paint or Corel, they looked way too sterile,(Don't even get me STARTED on COMIC SANS!) and the options I saw on pro font stores didn't fit much better, so, I went to an online site called www.yourfonts.com and had one made based on my own hand lettering style.And I must say I'm Very satisfied. I think the look just adds a lot to my cartoons and I don't have to deal with bad whiteout or overerasure. And yes, I call it "SMIGFONT"!

No comments: